Sunday 21 February 2010

Benjamin's Photoshoot

For those who have been reading my blog for a while will know that back in November I took a few shots at Benjamins Christening. Ben is now 6 months old and I'd arranged to go and visit his mum for the day and take some pictures while I was there.

The drive up to Manchester was rather rubbish as the weather couldn't quite decide what it was doing but I soon arrived at my destination. Unfortunately Ben was teething and was a little grumpy but with the help of his play mat I managed to get some nice shots, helped by the natural daylight coming in through the window.


 

He is so active now pulling himself around and starting to learn how to move accross the floor so keeping up with him was sometimes quite difficult. He is a proper little poser though stopping every now and then and just giving the most perfect look - it was just making sure I was ready and waiting when he did and unfortunately I missed quite a few shots but this is the joy of photographing children you never know what they are going to do next.

Bens mum showed me how he loves playing in his Jumperoo, his face was a picture but it was impossible to get a shot whilst he was bouncing up and down. After a while he was a little tired out so he went off for a little afternoon nap which seemed to do the trick as he came back a lot more smiley. By this time it was dark outside and so I got to test out my new flash which I'd only recently brought, this was my first time of using a hotshoe flash and I really like the difference it made to the pictures.


I got some amazing smiles from Ben which I caught on camera and some really cheeky little faces too. I especially love the expression in this next picture.


All too soon it was time for bed and for me to head back home. The drive back was atrocious as I got caught in a blizzard and in some of the worst fog I think I've ever driven in during my seventeen years of driving so I was definitely glad to get home. I don't want to put up too many pictures as these are a bit of a taster of them for my friend and her boyfriend but I can't resist putting this last one up as I love it - I just hope they will too.


 
I'd just like to say many thanks to Colette and Dave for letting me take some photos, Ben is definitely one of my favourite subjects to work with as he is such a happy, smiley little boy. I really hope that you both like the pictures.

Next weekend we are off to a wedding and I am going to be taking my camera with me to try and get some shots so I should have some more photos to share with you all. As always many thanks for reading, your support is appreciated - please feel free to leave comments as I enjoy reading them.

3 comments:

  1. aw he is gorgeous, really love the black and white photo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photographs. You've really captured the personality of this cheeky little chap. Bet his mum's thrilled!
    Vix
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sharron these are really great, i always like looking at your blog and seeing as portraiture is my favourite to photograph i especially enjoyed these, hes a great little man!! Cant wait for the wedding pics :D

    ReplyDelete